||Full Time Exempt
|Days & Hours
||The Association Offices are open:
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon.-Fri.
||$1,870.92 - $2,338.63 DOE per Pay Period
||Consistent with the Christian mission and Hope for Life Vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Director of Philanthropic IT/KM, the Software Developer is responsible for providing support to design, development, implementation and maintenance of the applications developed for internal and external users. The position plays a significant role in making tough decisions to meet YMCA short as well as long term objectives. This position will use information systems acumen along with business data to construct software/systems to help the YMCA meet its mission.
||• Minimum 18 years of age
• Four year college degree in a related area or equivalent experience in a related field
• Minimum two years experience with / solid knowledge of imperative and/or functional computer programming languages such as c#, java, perl, c++, etc.
• Minimum two years experience in / solid knowledge of development of data driven interactive systems.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience with relational databases including SQL, constraints, indexes, packages, etc.
• Proficiency with general office software applications and equipment is required.
• Pre-hire: complete YMCA of Middle TN application for employment, new hire packet and Praesidium Child Abuse Detection / Prevention training
• Before first shift: CEO parts 1 and 2
• Within 30 days of hire: Unity training; Raiser's Edge training
||• Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
• Analyze the needs of users and assist in the analysis and design phase of projects.
• Write the code of applications to be developed.
• Debug and troubleshoot existing and new applications. Also record the results and identify possible problems in applications.
• Provide documentation for basic user manual to be used by end users. Offer functional specifications to writers who will create the manual. Create technical documentation of applications.
• Help in training users once the application is built and created.
• Integrate new and existing applications, including work with internal and external entities as needed.
• Assist in Information Technology/Knowledge Management projects as directed by Director of Philanthropic IT/KM.
• Serve as a contributing member of the staff team of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee
||Please submit application and resume to the following:
Phone: No calls please
||Our Mission: A worldwide charitable fellowship united by a common loyalty to Jesus Christ for the purpose of helping persons grow in spirit, mind, and body.
|To apply for a position:
Complete, email or
print and fax the printable application*
to the contact email or fax number found on the selected position description.
*You should have Adobe Reader installed
on your computer. You may obtain a free copy from the Adobe
Equal Employment Opportunity
The YMCA provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants
for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, sex, martial status, sexual orientation, status with regard
to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission,
disability, age, or other legally protected status. Equal employment
opportunity applies to all facets of employment, pre-employment
and the terms and conditions of employment, as well as discharged
The YMCA operates
in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity laws,
directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing
bodies and agencies.